I’m sure it doesn’t come as a surprise, but I get giddy when I think about spring cleaning. The organizing, the purging, the decluttering, the disinfecting…it’s thrilling and even more so since we’re only going to be in this house a few more months. And since spring is just around the corner, I thought it was only fitting that I share my exhaustive list of things I try to clean every spring.
I find this more than overwhelming to do in a day or even a weekend, so I try to split these tasks up by room at the ratio of one room per day. I’ll be sharing a few posts about spring cleaning, so stay on the blog for checklists for each room of your house!
- Wipe down all surfaces with your favorite cleanser (you know what mine is!)
- Run clean cycle on oven
- Clean microwave thoroughly
- Clean stovetop and all knobs
- Remove everything from your fridge and wipe down all interior surfaces
- Put everything back in the fridge, discarding all unused or expired items
- Remove everything for your pantry and wipe down all interior surfaces
- Put everything back in the pantry, discarding all unused or expired items
- Remove everything from your cabinets and drawers and wipe down all interior surfaces
- Discard chipped, stained, unused, broken, or otherwise damaged items
- Put everything back in a place that makes sense to you
- Clean your Keurig thoroughly (if you use one)
- Run an empty cycle through your dishwasher
- Sweep and Swiffer / mop your floors
- Wash or replace any rugs you have in the kitchen
- Stock up on new sponges and discard old ones
- Invest in any tools you need or need to replace
- Thoroughly clean and disinfect your sink
- Run 5-6 cups of ice and lemon juice through the disposal to clean it
- Replace any lightbulbs including specialty lightbulbs
- Change any air filters
- Check nearby fire and carbon monoxide alarms
- Dust the tops of your cabinets
- Clean any decorative items (vases, lamps, etc.)
- Refill all your soaps, detergents, and trash bags
- Go through all your cleaners and remove old ones / ones you don’t use
I love to light a few citrusy candles when I’m finished cleaning to keep everything feeling fresh long after it’s been deep cleaned and lived in for a few days, so give that a try to extend that clean feeling!
More spring cleaning checklists are on their way! Hope you’re having a great week so far!